Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Due Diligence

"A little bit of gentle persuasion will get you everything you desire today. You don't need to force others to do your bidding: they will go out of their way to accommodate your needs. Within reason, of course." 


I've never really understood what "Due Diligence" means, but I think it has something to do with making sure everything is comme-il-faut before you proceed. Whatever it means, the thought of having to do it annoys the hell out of me.

Perhaps if I had done a little diligence, however, I would have known you can't just walk into the George Bellows show at the Metropolitan Museum of Art carrying a George Bellows oil painting wrapped up in a shopping bag secured with duct tape.
 

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I think you didn't do due diligence. On the other hand, if yuo had called up the museum and asked if you could park a Bellows in the cliakroom while you saw the Bellows show, they would have likely thought it was a prank call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to post again after months. I pray that I can.

    ReplyDelete