Saturday, December 3, 2011

Gray Gardens

Dec.2: "What other people are doing may be interesting, of course, but what you are doing is of life changing significance. Don’t be afraid to put your own needs first today- because they will benefit many other people, too. "

Two of my friends have one man art shows opening this weekend. Another is completing a featured story for a major magazine.

Now as for me, and my needs?

I needed to work, cast as a nurse on Crew 6, but the job got cancelled. I needed to post things on Ebay, but I didn't have time. I needed to stock my booth at the flea market, but I couldn't face it.

And I needed to take my cat Paris to the vet, again. She's very sick. Apparently with a virus that surfaces in multi-cat households, due to stress.

So now I need to take Little Bit back to the Humane Society, and I need to drive Edward to Rhode Island, where he may just benefit someone who will adore him beyond measure.

Maybe in my next incarnation I can simply be a cat. Now that's a significant life change I can accept.

Meanwhile, I need a pillow to cry into. Make it a nice arctic goose down pillow, with German fabric.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Little Bit. How cruel to have to go back to the Humane Society & live in a cage after being exposed to the wonder of life on the loose with you!

    P.S. The STRESS causing the illness should go away in time as the cats become accustomed to one another. Cats are very adaptable (as well as manipulative).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Diane.

    And it was Arm and Hammer Baking Soda and Peroxide toothpaste, sigh.

    I think the main problem is Edward. He and Paris do not like each other. I've given it two months.If I could find him a truly good home, he must go to it.

    Maybe then I could keep Little Bit.

    I'm not so sure that Paris doesn't want to be an only cat.

    How are CB and Boo? or is it Hoo? Love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is Hoo...& both are well...currently in bed with F!

    Is the tootpaste the Peroxi-care or the Advanced White or the Complete Care? (they all seem to have peroxide in them)

    http://www.amazon.com/Arm-Hammer-PeroxiCare-Peroxide-Toothpaste/dp/B001E77OCU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certain people tire of checking a blog that never changes. Not tomention you have to fill in the stupid word thing.

    ReplyDelete