Saturday, February 11, 2012

I Ain't Fittin' It!

"Someone in a position of authority will try to persuade you to work on something that is not on your To Do list this weekend. Be brave and tell them it’s not going to happen. What can they do about it?"


I'm very fond of my older neighbor, and do a lot for her. Cheerfully, willingly, and free of charge. Last week, however, she actually "hired" me to do some cleaning. When payday arrived her idea of what the job was worth and mine were worlds apart. 

Would you spend 8 hours on a 10 foot ladder for $25? I let it go. But when she asked me to install a part she bought for her bathroom toilet, I just said "not tonight." 

It was the wrong part, anyway. Like Mammy would say, "It ain't fittin'." And frankly, my dear, at the moment, I don't give a damn.

2 comments: