Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ursus Horribilus Rising

"A breakthrough of some sort is imminent. You may find that hard to believe after so many recent setbacks but in a matter of days you will be riding the crest of a wave again - and this time you won’t fall off."
 
 
Last summer while visiting friends in Missouri I saw this bear and fell in love. The sculptor who created it was from Lubbock, Texas, like Buddy Holly. Now maybe those forms surrounding its' feet are ferns, but I see them as sea foam.

Aphrodite as Ursus Horribilus. Surf's up! Bring on the Breakthrough.

7 comments:

  1. So, did you get the promised breakthrough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is the road trip planned? Will you also come to MO?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of going North in a few weeks. I haven't planned to drive your way, but you know my heart is always headed to West Plains.

      Need a ranch hand yet? I promise to improve with training!!!

      Wonder when Claudia is thinking of opening up the Goose?

      Delete
  3. Thinking of first week in March. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Re-think, Miss C...snow on the ground today & more headed this way. This has been a strange year, so I'd wait till April this year as there may not be much to do except sit inside during March!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barrett, all anybody needs to be a ranch hand is on-the-job training!

    We're FREEZING up here, & #25 decided today was the perfect day to calve. Poor little calf was just lying there shivering. I wanted to scoop it up & take it to the barn, but F reminded me that cows have been having calves in the snow for eons. Plus, it's not as easy to get a cow/calf in the barn as it is a horse...for one, they don't lead! I put out a big bale of hay & rolled it out & within just a few minutes the new calf as well as the 3 week old one were both hunkered down on top of the hay. It's amazing how they know to do that!

    ReplyDelete