Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Last Tango in Georgia

"It’s o.k.  to be ambitious. If you dream of moving up in the world and being someone special, now is the time to make it happen.  Don’t be afraid to approach people in positions of authority - they can help you."



We are told "not to speak to the talent, unless they speak to you first." I usually abide by the rules. But it was the fifteenth hour of a sixteen hour film session, and this gentleman caught my eye. He'd just finished on the dance floor, and was walking next to me off set. Little did I know he was a relatively famous British actor, who'd been voted one of "The Ten Most Beautiful People in the World." 

When I engaged him in small talk and told him I loved his character, he seemed genuinely pleased. I don't expect I'll be given a recurring role on Single Ladies, but I can dream.

 

5 comments:

  1. Have you gotten another gig this week?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tyler Perry "Medea's Winess Protection" today. Blue jeans and rolling luggage. No gowns.

      Delete
  2. I'm still waiting for info on the ball gown, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out rather after the fact that "The Ball", which is filming even as we speak, is primarily "AA". (African American). The original call that went out for "The Ball" an month ago did not mention this. Ah, well. I always wanted a ball gown or two. Not!

      Delete
  3. Could we at least see a picture of you in the gown, Miss Scarlet?

    ReplyDelete