Thursday, January 26, 2012

Single Lady

" Look and act confident wherever you go and whatever you do. If your rivals detect you are anxious they will find ways to play on your fears.  Keep telling yourself you have what it takes to succeed. It’s true."

In my job I get to play many roles that come naturally. My favorites are cop, detective, and zombie.  But tonight I have to play a part that has me terrified. I have to be a ballgown wearing member of the wedding. And not just any wedding. A very fancy wedding for the very, very rich.

My instructions are: "think old money when choosing your materials. You and your friends are VERY WEALTHY. Tonight is your night to pull out your favorite dress."

This would all be very fine if I hadn't spent the last 40 years scrupulously avoiding womens' clothing. Until this call, I didn't own a single dress, much less a gown.

Those Single Ladies may be the Atlanta's answer to Sex in the City, but they won't bother me. I got thrift store to go and plenty bling to bring to the table.






4 comments:

  1. Old money? Then you need to ditch the velvet jacket & dig out the mink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no, then I'm going to blow it?

      Truth be told, I never liked mink. Besides, I'm a no-kill furrier, remember? My mink is breathing gracefully at my feet, waiting for the command "Shoulders! shoulders!"

      Delete