Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Tree of Trees

"The generous side of your nature will be in evidence over the next seven days, especially when dealing with people who are feeling a bit depressed. You will say of do just the right thing to cheer them up."

Yesterday I took my Christmas tree down. I miss the tree. Even though it was completely dried out, I loved it. It was one of the most interesting Leyland cypresses we've had in the past twenty years. A foot from the base it split into four delicate and separate trunks, and it was lovely.


I miss it. So this morning after I read my horoscope, I got up, looked at myself in the mirror, and vowed "You will never cut another living tree." 

I handed myself $20.00 to put towards the live Leyland I'm going to buy and put in it's place. True, they can grow to be 50 feet tall in 15 years. The living room may get a bit cramped. But I'll keep my promise. Problem solved, spirits lifted.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!

    We're going to try & start planting trees on the farm to replace the ones the horses have killed. Bella cribbs (chews) which is a horsey vice probably acquired from her days of being stalled 24/7 because she was being shown. Horses get very bored when required to stand in a stall...& most 'show' horses are stalled.

    At any rate, Bella has seemingly passed her nasty habit around & a lot of the horses are now chewing on trees. Once debarked, it's a matter of time before the tree dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to put a roly thing under the pot.

    ReplyDelete