Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Ties That Bind II

"Money may be a little tight at the moment but that is no reason to deny yourself the good things in life. On the contrary, you will feel better about yourself if you splash out a bit - but not too much."
 
                               "You packed your bags and all alone you wanna ride,
                                You don't want nothin', don't need no one by your side
                                You're walkin' tough baby, but you're walkin' blind
                                 to the ties that bind.
                                Now you can't break the ties that bind."   Bruce Springsteen 


I love ties. Vintage silk ties. I have a great collection, and I wear them to set all the time. The reaction I usually get from wardrobe is: "Love the look, love the tie. Lose the tie."

Still, I try. When I'm blue I sign on to Ebay and buy myself another. They're never very expensive.

As far as the other kind of tie goes, in about a week my bags will be packed but I'll be far from all alone with no one by my side. Back to New England with all four cats and my daughter in the Prius.

Chariots of Fur.


 
 
 

2 comments: