Monday, April 16, 2012

Black Magnolias

"You favor methods and routines you feel comfortable with, but you will need to be a bit more adventurous over the next few days. The world is changing fast, and you must change with it… or get left behind."


 O.K. I admit it. With three fixed cardinal signs, I do not like change. Being in "The Industry", however,  has forced me to assume roles - and clothing- I would never ordinarily chose. I can usually rise to the challenge.  Like 16 hours in a dress and four inch heels.

Lifetime network is re-making Steel Magnolias, and I submitted. Imagine my surprise when two of my co-extras got the job and I didn't. They're white, I'm white, and it's an almost all black cast.

And to think I fancied myself a sister! Maybe I need to withdraw from the Colonial Dames.


 

1 comment:

  1. honey you might be a sister....but you just ain't the right sister...you might just be too tall a sister or too smart a sister or there just might be too many sisters...and they don't need no more...not even the most wonderful sister of all!

    ReplyDelete