Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Aphrodite

"Whatever challenges you are faced with this week you will deal with them with ease. Venus, your ruler, links to both Mars and Pluto in mid-week, endowing you with courage and confidence in abundance. You’ll thrive."


Monday I visited a dear friend and fellow estate jewelry dealer. After an intense bargaining session, I came away with the bracelet of my dreams. When I arrived home at midnight, I discovered both the Morgan County sheriff and a Madison police officer sitting in their parked squad cars across the street from my apartment. Undaunted, I hid my Prius in a back alley and floated undisturbed into the building through my neighbor's side door.

Venus 1, Mars and Pluto 0.

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Yikes - Officer Krupke is stalking you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He cannot resist!

      Actually, in all seriousness... I think they may have just been hanging out, chatting. They do that. I've done that. On my ride-alongs with my friend Officer Murrell.

      Time may tell.

      Delete
    2. Maybe the sheriff will send your buddy for you....poor Officer Murrell...what a terrible predicament!

      Delete
    3. I don't think the two departments cross over that way. Officer Murrell is city, Sheriffs are county.

      Not to worry.

      Delete
  2. Whew...I was feeling bad for Officer Murrell to have to haul in his buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom! What the hell! When you write things like this I honestly can't tell fiction from reality. Stop freaking me out like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and Dianne, nice West Side Story reference...

    ReplyDelete
  5. fiction from reality? hope the bill collector doesn't read your posts... do we get to see what your hearts desire looks like? It must be beautiful...please?

    ReplyDelete